Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1333 , Nov 30, 2010
      'Be attentive to yourself,' says Moses (Deut 15:9) - that is, to the whole of yourself, not to a few things that pertain to you, neglecting the rest. By what means? With the intellect assuredly, for nothing else can pay attention to the whole of yourself. Set this guard, therefore, over your soul and body, for thereby you will readily free yourself from the evil passions of body and soul. Take yourself in hand, then, be attentive to yourself, scrutinize yourself, or, rather, guard, watch over and test yourself, for in this manner you will subdue your rebellious unregenerate self to the Spirit and there will never again be 'some secret iniquity in your heart.'

      St. Gregory Palamas.

      Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1333 of 1333 , Feb 16

        "Be emulous, brethren, and in eager rivalry about the things that pertain to salvation. Study the sacred Scriptures, which are true and given by the Holy Spirit. Bear in mind that nothing wrong or falsified is written in them. You will not find that upright men have ever been thrust out by holy men. The upright have been persecuted, to be sure, but by the lawless; they have been imprisoned, but by the impious; they have been stones, but by transgressors; they have been slain, but by such as have been possessed by a depraved and unjust jealousy. Yet they endured gloriously the suffering of such things."

           St. Clement of Alexandria.

        "Turn Yourself to me, and have mercy on me, For I am desolate and afflicted. The troubles of my heart have enlarged."  Psalm 25:16-17

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        J. De Ramos - Stage 1 Leukemia.
        Mina, I.