Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1437 , Nov 30, 2010
      'Be attentive to yourself,' says Moses (Deut 15:9) - that is, to the whole of yourself, not to a few things that pertain to you, neglecting the rest. By what means? With the intellect assuredly, for nothing else can pay attention to the whole of yourself. Set this guard, therefore, over your soul and body, for thereby you will readily free yourself from the evil passions of body and soul. Take yourself in hand, then, be attentive to yourself, scrutinize yourself, or, rather, guard, watch over and test yourself, for in this manner you will subdue your rebellious unregenerate self to the Spirit and there will never again be 'some secret iniquity in your heart.'

      St. Gregory Palamas.

      Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1437 of 1437 , Jul 26

        "This is the Apostolic faith, the Orthodox faith, and the faith of the Fathers. Having this wonderful treasure, let us preserve it, let us keep it and let us also use it in such a way that this treasure becomes the victory of Christ in us and in His Church."

           St. Severus of Antioch.

        "My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water."  Jeremiah 2:13

        Prayer Requests:

        AA and her kids
        MB - 7/28-30
        Emad