reply to ICON MESSAGE

  • Chev. P.J. Philip
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25, 2010
      Dear George Achen,Ireland,

      1] I pity your attitude to a contrary view. I wonder how an ordained priest can address the lawyer of the opposite faction, " DEVIL"S ADVOCATE". Why is it not possible for you to express opinions without personal attacks bordering on insults. ? You are a priest!!!! I pity the arrogance behind your message,

      2] I have not criticized the new Catholicos as some of you seem to think. We have the utmost respect for H.H, the new Catholicos. That does not take away my right to express opinions,

      3] It is your immaturity and desperation that makes you react in this manner. In discussions and arguments, it is usual to press a point of view strongly, which is what I did. I am sorry and feel bad that esteemed members and that too an ordained Priest took it otherwise,

      4] Please be informed that the Jacobite Church[ whom you insulting refer in your own language ] are not for giving temporal powers to HIS HOLINESS, THE PATRIARCH OF ANTIOCH. He remains the Spiritual Head and not a formal one on paper like the 1934, Constitution.

      5]Look at the latest order by the Division Bench of Kerala High Court. It is an eye opener for all extremists.

      Someone guided by Holy Spirit will not call the person who expresses an opposite view "DEVIL"S ADVOCATE".

      REGARDS,
      P J PHILIP/ADVOCATE/KOCHI
      Membership id-0187

      THE FOLLOWING IS THE PRIEST'S MESSAGE.

      Dear Mr.P.J. Philip,

      I pity on your frivolous attitude on the Church case. You sound like a Devil's advocate. It is not the question of 'guts' that we still retains the name of Patriarch of Antioch in our Constitution and in our diptychs. It shows our transparency and honesty towards what we uphold. It is our sincere desire to continue maintaining the relationship with the syrian church of Antioch. Please be informed that we have no problem in considering the spiritual leadership of the Patriarch of Antioch. Right from the very beginning, we differ only on the matters of temporal powers. When Malankara Church is our 'Mother', the patriarch of Antioch is just our foster father? Does it mean that we should leave our Mother?

      We stand for Identity,Integrity, Love, Unity, and Peace. And that is the Christian attitute. We are never driven by the advocates like you, but by the guidance of the Holy Spirit and we won't fail that is for sure. Like your group ,we -the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church-need not affix a label on our foreheads that we are Christians.( The Jacobite Syrian Christian Church, Puthencruz). Our life itself(thoughts, words and deeds) speaks volumes about it.

      Please heed to what Christ our Lord and God says,... "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God"....(St. Mathew 5:9).

      God bless you.
      With love and prayers,
      In Christ,
      George Achen,Ireland.
    • Dipu George
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2010
        Dear Chev Philip,

        It reminds me of Most Rev Fr Curien Kaniamparambil Achen's attitude towards people from other denominations.

        He perfectly greeted them and played the perfect Christian Host to anyone who visits him.

        Yet He remains so steadfast in the true faith. Why? Only then have we pleased our Lord Jesus Christ, Only then have we become true Syriac Orthodox Christian. Isn't it? We are blessed enough to have been born and baptized in the Truth. The True Church of our Lord.

        What that Metran Kakshi "priest" said only highlights his misguided mindset. Pity him. Let any priest who belong to the Excommunicated Metran Kakshis say anything. He just proved he is not a perfect Christian. Its sad that this person conducts Qurbana on a Sunday with such thoughts in his mind. Unfortunately it is not his fault. It is his Ignorance. or for that matter all the Marthomites, CSI's or other people who claim to be christian but in reality are not.

        We can only pity them and pray for them. Rest assured Chev Philip Sir.. we should continue our Good Christian Work in order to prepare for the Lord's Coming.

        Dipu George
        0174

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Chev. P.J. Philip wrote:

        > Dear George Achen,Ireland,
        >
        > 1] I pity your attitude to a contrary view. I wonder how an ordained priest can address the lawyer of the opposite faction, " DEVIL"S ADVOCATE". Why is it not possible for you to express opinions without personal attacks bordering on insults. ? You are a priest!!!! I pity the arrogance behind your message,

      • Rev. Fr. George Thankachan
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2010
          Dear Mr. Philip,

          Please read my previous posting with an open eyes. I never addressed you with the term 'Devil's Advocate'. But after having read your write up in ICON, it 'seemed' to me as if you were a devil's advocate. I never meant to disdain you with a derogatory term. It's all your fabrication.

          Had you referred to a good dictionary , you would never have made such a response to my posting in ICON. If the term 'Devil's advocate' is a pejorative phrase, the first person whom you have to blame is the Pope of Rome. Let me quote from the World Book Dictionary, "Roman Catholic Church- a person appointed to examine the evidence and present arguments that must be satisfactorily answered, against the beatification or canonisation of a person.; advocatus diaboli.( 2)a critic who argues either against a popular cause or an
          unpopular cause" . Had you taken my usage in good sense, you could have avoided this commotion. [ Please take special note:- 'Diabolos'(Greek) etymologically means one who makes division], please think it over and tell me where you are.

          Then, whatelse term should I use to respond to your biased and immature attitude which goes for division in the holy Church which, I fear, would adversely affect the existence of our community and which would question its very integrity as a Christian Church. Please tell me honestly, Is it a Christian attitude to go for a Division in the Malanakra Sabha? What good will it do to our community in the long run.? Does our community with a scanty membership have the strength to withstand or endure yet another division? Ask sincerely to your conscience!!!

          Anyway, Sorry if I hurt you!

          May God bless you!
          With love and prayers,
          In Christ,