Lev Gillet

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2010
      The love of God for men is a movement if God towards us, not merely so that we may know Him, or (according to our ability) imitate Him, but so that Ha may indeed give himself and unite Himself to us.

      Lev Gillet (Monk of the Eastern/Orthodox Church)
      The Burning Bush
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 13, 2010
        Jericho is not a fortress to be conquered by method of war. Love does not mount an assault on our souls. Nor can we ourselves destroy our own walls. We cannot take them down stone by stone. But the Lord Love compasses us about patiently, repeatedly. The sound of the trumpets is the call of Limitless Love. Love erodes our deepest inner defenses. And then God shakes the foundations and our Jericho falls apart.

        Lev Gillet (Monk of the Eastern/Orthodox Church)
        The Burning Bush
      • The Orthodox Bookstore
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 29, 2011
          The invocation of the Name may be practices anywhere and at anytime. We can pronounce the Name of Jesus in the streets, in the place of our work, in our room, in church, etc. we can repeat the Name while we walk. Besides that free use of the Name, not determined or limited by any rule, it is good to set apart certain times and certain places for a regular invocation of the Name.

          Lev Gillet (Monk of the Eastern Church), On the Invocation of the Name of Jesus,