Kuwait St. George Universal SOC - Being elevated as a REESH Church (Valiyapally)

  • Shinu Jesus Abraham
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2010
      St. George Universal Syrian Orthodox Church, Kuwait was established in 1973, with 13 Malankara Jacobite Syrian Christian families having allegiance to the Patriarch of Antioch, for worship and to cater to their spiritual needs.

      With the blessings of His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Yacoub III, the Patriarch of Antioch & all the East and under the auspices of H.G. (Late Lamented ) Dr. Paulose Mor Athanasius (Kadavil), the parish was formed on 14th September 1973, the feast day of the Holy Cross, at the Kuwait Holy Family Cathedral.

      Under the spiritual guidance and blessings of the Patriarch of Antioch and all the East, the able leadership of Diocesan Metropolitans and Vicars, our parish has flourished from a small group to one of the largest parishes in the Gulf region within a short span of time overcoming a lot of challenges.

      It remains a testimony that by this year we have crossed over 1.5 crore rupees of charity works distribution collected from 14 harvest festival, MGM Charity box, Morth Mariam Charity Box and other special collections.

      St. George Universal Syrian Orthodox Church Kuwait is the mother church of the two other Syrian Orthodox Churches in Kuwait which were established in 2002 and 2005.

      Currently we are over 500 families and around 2000 members Kuwait St. George church is a shining jewel of Syrian Orthodox Church.

      Recognizing the prominence and its activities, H.H. Moran Mor Ignatius Zaka I Iwas with his blessed Apostolic Bull our church have been elevated to a Reesh Church (Valiapalli). On 3rd December the declaration of our 37 year old parish to a Reesh Church is been celebrated with all pomp and glory during a trimass with Catholicose H.B. Baseliouse Thomas I as the chief celebrant and assisted by Diocesan metropolitan and patriarchal vicar H.E. Mor Theodosius Mathews and H.E. Mor Mathews Aprem. A grand public meeting is being held on the same day evening with well known dignitaries and religious leaders with Reesh Church members celebrating the occasion.

      We humbly thank the God almighty for the numerous blessings he had showered upon all the parishioners for all these years and submit ourselves to be used further for the glory of His Church. May the prayers of Morth Mariam- the ever loving mother of God, St. George, our patron saint and of all the saints of His holy Church be remain a fortress in our ways in life.

      Shinu Jesus Abraham