Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Nov 28, 2010
      Today’s Bible verse

      “I tell you the truth, this poor widow has given more than all others who are making contributions”(Mark 12:43).

      Du you want to get the blessings, the beauty, the joy, and the largeness of heart of giving ?

      ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive”-Jesus. Giving is the innate nature of universe. The Son, from its source transmits its light to the world so we have the life. God gave himself on the cross. By that emptiness of giving brought life and life abundance for all the living beings. The mother gives her time, energy and life itself for her children so that we are what we should be. Just like a candle we all should burn and melt and light to others and say good- bye to this life . That is all life to be. Giving is not only from our abundance but also from our poverty. There is nothing de- bar to you and to me not to give. Most often Poverty compels us to give than richness. For the poor nothing to loose but gain. One pence contribution of a beggar is more blessed than one a billion of a billionaire to the giver and to the receiver. When you count the offertory money don’t forget the pence to count it and the sacrifice and the heart behind. Count each of our blessings and thankful to the giver and make use of it judiciously and share to others – money, wealth, beauty, time. And not to waste even a piece of bread. Let you blessed.

      A leper had rung the door bell of the Mother Teresa’s house . Mother own words, “It was a leper shivering with cold. I asked him whether he needed anything from me. I wanted to offer food and a blanket to protect himself from the bitter night of Calcutta. He replied in the negative. He showed me his begging bowl. He told me Bengali:” Mother, people were talking that you had received some prize. This morning I decided that whatever I got through begging today, I would hand over to you this evening . That is why I am here.” I found in the begging bowl 75 paise (2 pence).The gift was small. I keep it even today on my table because this tiny gift reveals to me the largeness of a human heart. It is beautiful.

      We are poor because we won’t give. We are afraid of loosing of giving. But just opposite is the truth. More we get more we give from our poverty. Rich and poor be empty ourselves. Let the world be blessed more.

      Prayer

      Jesus, poor be blessed, clothed, fed, dressed, housed, nursed, and protected. We pray for a world sans poverty. Let the rich get the heart of giving with out any reservation. Let our life be an accepted sacrifice for you. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto, Monday 29 November 2010
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V