Becoming As Mary

  • Rev. Fr. John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2010
      Becoming As Mary

      On the second Sunday of Annunciations in the preparation for Holy Nativity,Mary is visited by Archangel Gabriel. Fr John Brian discusses the occasion with special emphasis on the spirituality of Mary.

      To clarify this, Fr John Brian uses a list of the "qualities of a spiritual man" written by A. W. Tozer to help in our understanding of spiritual development by identifying qualities we may have and those we may yet lack.

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the
      Malankara Syrian lectionary and was given on Sunday, November 21, 2010 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      Listen on-line here:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2010/11/becoming-as-mary.html