Father John Romanides

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2010
      We happen to be entrusted with a treasure the theology of Orthodox Tradition. Orthodox theology is the culmination and product of centuries of experiences that have been repeated, renewed, and recorded by those who have experienced theosis at different times. We have the experience of the patriarchs and the prophets as well as the later experience of the Apostles. We call all of these experiences glorification. To say the prophet was glorified means that the prophet saw the glory of God. To say the Apostle was glorified means that the Apostle saw the glory of Christ. Seeing the glory of Christ, the Apostle ascertained by his own experience that the glory of Christ in the New Testament is the glory of God in the Old Testament. Hence, Christ is the Yahweh and the Elohim of the Old Testament.

      Father John Romanides, Patristic Theology
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
        The chief concern of the Orthodox Church is the healing of the human soul. The Church has always considered the soul as the part of the human being that needs healing because She has seen from Hebrew tradition, from Christ Himself, and from the Apostles that in the region of the physical heart there functions something that the Fathers called the nous. In other words, the Fathers took the traditional term nous, which means both intellect (dianoia) and speech or reason (logos), and gave it a different meaning. They used nous to refer to this noetic energy that functions in the heart of every spiritually healthy person.

        Father John Romanides, What is the Human Nous?
      • Mark Sedrak
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 24, 2011
          The Incarnate Word is the center of a phenomenon that we can describe as a circle or spiral. At the center or along the central axis is the Incarnate Word.

          When we behold the Word, we behold the Father in the Holy Spirit. When we behold the Word, we behold the Church. When we behold the Word, we behold the communion of the saints. When we behold the Word, we behold all the mysteries of the Church.

          Father John Romanides