Inviting Angels Into Our Life

  • Rev. Fr John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2010
      Inviting Angels Into Our Life

      On the first Sunday of Annunciations in the preparation for Holy Nativity, Zechariah has encounter of an angel. Fr John Brian uses the story from Luke Chapter 1 to talk about how we invite angels into our lives. Even so, we can be startled we there is a response to our prayers.

      The angels say "Fear not." Fr John Brian then discusses Isaiah 41:8-15 appointed for Sunday of Zechariah, where God speaks through the prophet three times, saying "Fear not."

      "Fear not, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God; I have strengthened you and have helped you, yea, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:10

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the Malankara Syrian lectionary and was given on Sunday, November 14, 2010 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      PODCAST OR DOWNLOAD: http://feeds.feedburner.com/frjohnbrian or http://frjohnbrian.hipcast.com/rss/spiritual_reflections_or_fr_john_brian.xml
      Listen on-line here:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2010/11/inviting-angels-into-our-life.html