Re: Curse is started to new Catholicose of Devalokam and his company - GOD given the sign

  • Mathew Chacko
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2010
      Dear Issac,

      You seems to be watching things through Microscope to find faults with IOC.But to me the piece of cloth ('sakro' as you wrote) is worn by many ordinary priests as part of their litugical vestments.(Its worn as a sign of stewardship?)Please check with your parish priest or attend some other parishes for Holy Qurbana.The exlusive vestment of H.H. Patriarch is not duplicated here.

      Best regards

      Mathew Chacko, Dubai
      ID#2382

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Issac K. Joseph wrote:

      > Dear all
      >
      > The Patriarch of Syrian Orthodox Church wears the 'sakro' '(shield) attached to the zenoro. The shield of faith symbolizes his authority and his position as the protector of the faith based on Ephesians 6:16 ".. above all taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

    • John Joseph
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2010
        Dear Issac

        To my memory, I remember our LL HB Paulose II Catholicose used to have this Shield at least in few Occasions. Please correct me wrong. If Not Is there any documentation on the Dress code of the Patriarch Vs Catholicose.

        Again if you try to find fault on some one , you can�easily find�something wrong some where. But you need to understand and see how well the function was organised.

        So always remember, there will be good and bad on both sides as we are all Human Beings and we all make mistakes, But think the Value and teachings of Christianity, The Moral of Christianity , The Faith, The Tolerance of Christianity.

        I am proud to be a christian, not to be a part of Jacobite or IOC.

        Regards
        John Joseph