Forwarded: Our Daily Bread Nov.4

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2010
      READ: 2 Kings 5:1-15

      Now I know that there is no God in all the earth, except in Israel. 2 Kings 5:15

      John is a humble, uneducated man. Yet God used him to start the peace process in Mozambique. His name is not mentioned in any official documents; all he did was arrange a meeting between two of his acquaintances Kenyan Ambassador Bethuel Kiplagat and a Mozambican. But that introduction set in motion the events that led to a peace treaty after a 10-year civil war.

      From that experience, Ambassador Kiplagat learned the importance of respecting everyone. You never dismiss people because they are not educated, because they are white, because they are black, because they are women, because they are old or young. Every encounter is sacred, and we need to value that encounter, the ambassador said. You never know what word might be there for you.

      The Bible confirms that this is true. Naaman was a great man in Syria when he got the dreaded disease of leprosy. A servant girl whom he had captured from Israel told Naaman's wife that the prophet Elisha could heal him. Because Naaman was willing to listen to this lowly servant girl, his life was spared and he came to know the one true God (2 Kings 5:15).

      God often speaks through those to whom few are willing to listen. To hear God, be sure to listen to the humble. Julie Ackerman Link
      God often uses lowly things His purpose to fulfill,
      Because it takes a humble heart To carry out His will. D. De Haan
      God uses ordinary people to carry out His extraordinary plan.
    • Jai Abe Cheriyan
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2010
        Respected Moolelachen,

        Your forwarded 'Daily Bread' published by RBC ministries is a good one.

        It is a fact that "Innathe Chintha Vishayam" by Fr. Dr. T. J. Joshua, published in Manorama Sunday Supplement attract a wider popular demand, even our priests refer it for Sunday sermons. I am not sure our Church having any books like "Prathi Dina Dhyanam" published by Christava Sahitya Samithy (CSS bookshop), Thiruvalla.

        The daily devotional thoughts "Today with Jesus" by Respected Pauloseachen in SOCM Forum is another inspirational and motivational initiative.

        I think these daily meditations needs to reach a wider audience. Perhaps both of you and likeminded leaders in our Church, with the blessings of our Bava thirumeni and HG Pathros Mor Osthatheos (Chairman, Liturgical Commission) could consider publishing yours & similar daily meditation articles as printed books, both in English and Malayalam, and distribute via Sunday school / Youth / Vanithasamajam etc. in all of our parishes. Perhaps the millennial priests like Jerry achen could take the task of spreading these through other available internet media.

        As a side note to Moderators: I am wondering whether our Church has an official website, eventhough we have some wonderful websites created by Nibu Chennithala etc. It is necessary to have an official website, for which each member can refer anything about our Church (remember, there were queries about Church addresses, childrens' homes etc. own by Malankara JSO Church in this Forum).

        In HIS Love,
        Jai Abe Cheriyan