Catholicose of the East

  • Eldo
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2010
      The description about the outgoing catholicos of IOC is given below.This appeared in IOC forum.

      "The outgoing Catholicos, His Holiness Baselios Marthoma Didymus I, Catholicos of the East and Malankara Metropolitan is the 90th prelate seated on The Apostolic Throne of St. Thomas. He is the 7th Catholicos in Malankara after the establishment of the Catholicate in 1912 and the 20th Malankara Metropolitan".

      1. Can anyone tell me who were the 89 Catholicos before him?
      2. Were these 90 catholicoses seated in the Throne of Apostle St.Thomas?
      3. Where were the remaining catholicoses seated if he is 7th catholicos in Malankara?.All these 83 catholicose who are not in Malankara were also seated in St.Thomas throne??
      4. Are these 90 catholicoses, the head of an independent church like IOC?
      5. If they were part of any church, who was their head and were they too seated in the throne of St.Thomas?
      6. From AD 52 to 1912 where was this throne and who was sitting in that??
      7. In 1912, is the catholicate or a maphrianate was established??
      8. What is the authority to establish a Catholicate for the throne of St Thomas in Malankara by HH Patriarch of Antoich when he is sitting in the throne of St Peter?
      9. If there is a throne for St.Thomas is established by St.Thomas,then all the Christains in malankara would have to be under that throne??

      Yours in Christ
      Eldo
    • A. V. Bijoy
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2010
        Dear Eldo,

        Why should worry about them? Let them have their own faith. It is another church. The problem is when they create problems with us.

        Bijoy
        4534