Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Nov 2, 2010
      Today’s Bible verse

      “Study this book of instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.” (Joshua 1:8)

      Do you know that God has a way for prosperity and success?

      Connect to the source of abundance of all. Then, prosperity and success will follow. That is the law of God. ”Seek the kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything in need” (Mathew 6:33). Put God first in your life, to fill your thoughts and desires. Give God first place in every area of your life. Why are we not getting what we need? It’s because we don’t ask God our needs passionately and intensively. Its real ... ask the Lord and you will get it. “For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And everyone who knocks, the door will be opened” (Luke 11:10). Persistence or boldness in prayer, overcomes our insensitivity, not God’s. To practice persistence, does more to change our heart and mind than his, and it helps us understand and express the intensity of our needs.

      America was on the verge of division between south and north in the time of civil war. The then president, Abraham Lincoln, wrote, “I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go.” ‘To my knees’, it is like saying, “surrender to my source and turn this huge problem over to that same power that moves the stars.” We can do the same thing in times of strife. “Let go and let God take over” as they say in times of recovery. The United States of America and the power of its dollar has been strong in the last 224 years because of her connection to the Almighty, and her trust in God.

      Find the place, the time, to talk and listen to God, and to read, to study, to meditate his word. Let us understand and always follow his teachings. Let us not deviate from His path. Let our lips and mouths be sweetened with the lovely name of God, ’Jesus’.

      Prayer

      Jesus, you know our needs before we ask. Thank you for it. We surrender ourselves and all our needs at thy feet. We pray for those who are in the cross roads of life. Let your light guide them. Let everybody see your outstretched helping hand and opened door. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Please forward this to your dear and near ones.

      Love

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto, Wednesday, 3rd November 2010
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V