Parumala Thirumeni: Defender Against Protestant Assault

  • Bar Yohanon
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010
      Parumala Thirumeni: Defender Against Protestant Assault
      by Fr. Dale A. Johnson (Bar Yohanon)

      Parumala Thirumeni, among his many accomplishments, showed us how to counter Protestants who raid our churches for members, seek to confuse the faithful, and treat our traditions as insignificant or even worse, as heretical. As Syrian Orthodox are in Diaspora throughout the world, Syrian faithful find themselves confused by the competing claims of protestant denominations. Even in the lands where Syrian Orthodox faith is long established there are Protestant missionaries who assume their brand of Christianity is superior to what is offered by the Syrian Orthodox.

      To read more
      http://www.socdigest.org/articles/02nov07.html