Re: The foundation on which the church is built - Is it St. Peter or his faith ?

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2010
      Dear Mathew,

      You need not have any doubt, the Church was established on the rock of the true faith proclaimed by St.Peter.

      These are not my words, but that of H.H Ignatius Zakka I, Patriarch of Antioch and all the East. H.H says this in his 1997 Patriarchal encyclical, about the sacrament of priesthood.

      http://syrianorthodoxchurch.org/library/patriarchal-encyclical-letters/sacrament-of-the-holy-priesthood/

      In it H.H clearly states that Christ "founded His Holy Church on the rock of true faith which was proclaimed by St. Peter the head of the Apostles."

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M