Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Nov 1, 2010
      Today’s Bible verse

      “For due season we will reap, if we don’t give up. And let us not grow weary of doing good”.
      (Galatians 6:9).

      Are you on the verge of ”giving up” in your pursuit of life?

      When all sides look bleak, remember there is a heaven above, and a God of creation to make everything new and bright. God stands for creation, not destruction, to give in, not give up, and to support, not pull down. Winter can’t stand still but has to give way to spring - that is the law of nature and God – a life of new leaves, buds, flowers, fruits, etc., a new life for all living things - a joy to all. We can always be confident that the never-failing miraculous hand is waiting to descend when you feel suicidal, withdrawn and depressed. It is discouraging to continue to do what is right and receive no word of thanks, or see no tangible results, but Paul challenged the Galatians, and challenges us to keep on doing good and trust God for the results. People’s perception and attitude will change, but God, our saviour, is always faithful - yesterday, today and tomorrow. So, we should persist in doing what we do. Continue to ask, seek and knock. God will give them to you.

      Ivan Henry has been acquitted and proved his innocence after serving 26 years in jail, the longest incarceration served till date by any one in Canada. When he went to jail, his two daughters were aged 7 and 9, and it was six years since his wife had died. He represented himself, filed appeals but none of these were successful until the latest one. The trial judge had made several errors. But he’s not angry or bitter. “It wouldn’t heal me if I was angry, I would just walk around and start drinking, I can’t do that,” he said. Henry also had advice for those innocent people still in jail. “Don’t give up. Keep plugging ahead and work to get out and to learn what society is all about. It’s not all a dirty world. We are all here to try and help each other”.

      Give a supporting hand to those who are on the verge of falling. The generations won’t forget it and heaven will support you when you are falling. The justice system should be fool proof and corruption of any kind, should never creep into the periphery of justice. The integrity of investigators and jurists should be above suspicion.

      Prayer

      Jesus, you are the God who supports and make us grow. We pray for those who are depressed due to failures in life, failure in marriage, mental challenges above their capacities, jail terms, pressures of life, and other innumerable reasons. We pray for those people with suicidal minds and other weaknesses. Let them know that they are not alone and that you are always with them. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Please forward this to your near and dear ones.

      Love

      Paulose achen

      Toronto, Tuesday, 2nd November 2010
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V