Re: Religious, political leaders meet Archbishop of Canterbury

  • Jai Abe Cheriyan
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2010
      Respected members,

      This question triggers some strategic thoughts in my mind about the growth of our Holy Church through its presence in our Capital city which is the centre of Government, polititions, beurocrats,touchpoint of international community and important events, though not sure how soon we could achieve them.

      The vision points are:

      1. As the capital city of Kerala, we should have a diocese called Thiruvananthapuram covering this area, even though the diocese membership might me minimal (remember, in Niranam we have around 10 small-medium churches only).

      2. We need to have some educational/healthcare/charitable organizations/patriarchal center in this diocese, operate in a world-class manner, which would replace the minority feeling but provide us respect and esteem.

      3. The ideal character of the bishop of this diocese should be well-educated (preferably doctorate holder) person, with large socio-political interest and active in social/charitable/prayer & retreat activities with high leadership, interpersonal & negotiation skills and charisma .(Please do not misunderstand that I am underestimating HG Mathews Mor Thevodosios, the current Metropolitan in this area, just stressing the need of a bishop located in our capital city, thirumeni could migrate if he wishes:))

      If we can realize this, I am sure that our Church could become a more respectful, influencial and powerful entity among Christians in India.

      In His Love,
      Jai Abe Cheriyan
      #0914.