Drinking - Be Careful

  • Joseph Yosuk Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2010
      Drinking - Be Careful
      By Joseph Y. Lee

      To the Brothers and Sisters who are faithful in Christ Jesus:

      Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

      I am always afraid to drink alcohol. I have never gotten drunk in my life, and I usually do not drink any alcohol. Maybe, I have a sip or two, but not more than that. Let me tell you why I am extremely uncomfortable about drinking. It is not because the Bible tells me not to drink.

      A Berkeley Alumni at Oak Ridge National Laboratory told me that there was a Korean girl who was really drunk some years ago before I went to Berkeley in 1989. 3 football players were there with her, and they were all drunk. Tragically, she was raped and pressed charges against the football players. When this happened, the entire Berkeley campus staged a riot and many demonstrations. The Korean Student Association, the Asian Business Association, a number of African student associations, and a woman's organization staged all of the demonstrations, paralyzing the entire Berkeley campus.

      It was a big mess. Honestly, even though I have never fornicated in my life, never used illegal drugs, never smoked, never joined a gang, never got drunk, never went to a nude bar, and never murdered, I am no different inside from those football players in terms of my heart. I simply do not trust myself to drink. If you make one mistake, that one mistake can be enough to destroy your entire life. You can live a perfect life for 36 years, but just one mistake is enough to put you into a lot of trouble.

      Please don't take this chance.

      Thank you for your prayers.

      Grace be with all those who incorruptibly love our Lord Jesus Christ.

      Following the will of God,
      Joseph Yosuk Lee