Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Oct 29, 2010
      Today’s Bible verse

      “Since the creation of the world, His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and divine nature, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:20)

      Does the modern science shake your faith in God?

      God is above science. The creator controls everything, including Science. We all enjoy the fruits of scientific developments. Sometimes, scientists can make wrong conclusions, but the Master Designer does not. Stephen Hawkins, the greatest physical scientist of the 21st century, conceded error in his theory of the “Black Hole Theory” of 30 years. The real seekers couldn’t do anything but to fall on the feet of God. God reveals his divine nature and personal qualities through creation. By the word of God, the world came into existence and by the spirit of God, it exists. When he speaks through His creations, do we respond? The heavens give dramatic evidence of His existence, His power, His love, and His care. God never leaves himself “without evidence of himself and his goodness”. Rain and good crops, for example, are evidence of his goodness. In the name of reason and science, there is no excuse for anyone not to love God and follow Him.

      1968 was the most troubled year of events of the world - Soviet tanks on Czechs, Vietnam War, the assassination of Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King. On a positive event was the launch of Apollo 8, the first manned spacecraft to orbit the moon. Frank Borman, James Lovell, and William Anders were the cosmonauts. They had broadcasted a live television transmission from their capsule. After commenting on their experience and the starkness of the lunar landscape, they jointly read the first 10 verses of Genesis 1. 240,000 miles away, the great atheist scientist, Francis S. Collins, was struck with a sense of awe, and the unforgettable words - “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth”. He sensed the meaning of it and that was the contributing factor which led him to fall at the feet of Lord Jesus and accept him as God. Science reveals a God who cares about human beings, and a God who is infinitely good and holy. We should always open our ears and minds to His creation without any prejudice.

      To enjoy the fruits of science and to turn against God, is just not right. To enjoy the bounty of the creation, and then to stand against the creator, is unethical and definitely not what science is about.

      Prayer :

      Jesus, the heavens declare your glory, and the firmament shows your handiwork and night reveals your knowledge. We thank you for the science and scientists who help to make life more comfortable and healthy. We thank for the vehicle we travel, the medicine we use, the food we eat, and the nature we enjoy. Let the scientists find out the proper medicines for the dreadful diseases, like cancer, diabetes, heart attacks etc. All we ask in the name of Jesus, Amen.

      Please forward to your near and dear ones.

      Love,
      Paulose Achen from Toronto, Saturday, 30th October 2010
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012
        Today with Jesus

        ·