Reasons for prayer for the deceased

  • Rajan Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2003
      Greetings,

      I have been wondering, why we pray for the deceased? Are they not
      already with Christ? And too see Jesus Christ is to be like him
      according to 1 John. "For we will be like Him for we shall see Him
      as He is. Or do we view believers in heaven as not already glorified?

      In Christ
      Rajan Mathew

      From the desk of moderators

      The quotes, from the Early Church Fathers and Writers, are
      provided to increase the knowledge among Christians concerning
      the faith and doctrines of the early church after the Apostles.
      Such quotes do not indicate the agreement or disagreement.
      Comments are welcome.