Why only Church in Parumala?

  • Issac K Joseph
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2010
      Why only Church in Parumala?

      Dear and respected Holy Synod members of Jacobite Church

      Why only we build our own church in Parumala? Our Church must build more churches in all important places in Southern diocese such as

      1. Niranam (Related to St. Thomas)
      2. Kalloopara (Edappally dynasty's relation with Christians)
      3. Cheganoor (Pazhya Suriani Palli)
      4. Kartikapally (Many our our believers works in NTPC)
      5. Cheppad (Cheppad Mor Divanasios)

      Request to members to add more important place, were we should have our Patriarchal centers.

      In Christ
      Issac K Joseph
      0917
    • Chev. Thomas Daniel
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2010
        Dear Mr. Issac
        Shlomo
        We do have a church in Cheppaud (Cheppad) "St. George Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church" smallest church in Malankara (http://stgeorgecheppaud.org) which is approximately 1 KM away from Cheppaud Valiya Pally which is controlled by Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church.

        Around 10 families from different diocese of Jacobite Syrian Christian Church who works in NTPC is attending in our Church.

        Still as you suggested, a church near Kartikappally or Nagiarkulangara junction will be more convenient to those who works in NTPC.

        I am sure our beloved Coorilose Thirumeni will look-into this subject.

        In HIS Love
        Chevalier Thomas Daniel (Reji)
        # 0001

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Issac K Joseph wrote:

        > Why only Church in Parumala?
        >
        > Dear and respected Holy Synod members of Jacobite Church
        >
        > Why only we build our own church in Parumala? Our Church must build more churches in all important places in Southern diocese such as
        >
        > 1. Niranam (Related to St. Thomas)
        > 2. Kalloopara (Edappally dynasty's relation with Christians)
        > 3. Cheganoor (Pazhya Suriani Palli)
        > 4. Kartikapally (Many our our believers works in NTPC)
        > 5. Cheppad (Cheppad Mor Divanasios)
        >
        > Request to members to add more important place, were we should have our Patriarchal centers.
        >
        > In Christ
        > Issac K Joseph
        > 0917

      • Oommen Varghese
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2010
          Dear All.

          Very valid suggestion. I recall on e blog in IOTV from Mr Joemon about certain Jacobite families in Karthikappally and Harippad who are planning churches there. I would also add Mavelikkara, Chandanappally, Kadampanad, Mallappally, Thazhava, Pandalam etc to Mr Issaqc's list. In Kallooppara we already have a church under Niranom Diocese.H.G Geevarghese Mor Koorilose will be delighted to hear from Joemon on the prospect of starting parishes in Karthikappally and Harippad. I think we should go after every Jacobite lying dormant under the yoke of IOC. Recently I was surprised to learn from the Autobiography of Late Mor Michael Deevanniasoe the number of churches started or under H.G prior 1958 in southern Dioceses. We should go after every Jacobite in such places and help them in all menas to bring them back. Holy synod should take initiative to compile a list of prospective churches and I am sure all Jacobite will wholeheartedly support it.

          Oommen Puramattom
          1010
          St GEORGE JSC Puramattom/Alain.