Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Oct 12, 2010
      Today’s bible verse

      “All the believers were united in heart and mind. And they felt that what they owned was not their own, so that they shared every thing they had.”(Acts 4:32)

      The best way to eliminate poverty of all types –spiritual and physical is to share what we have-physical and spiritual. What we have comes from God, and we are only sharing what is already his. Jesus said that love for each other was to be the mark of discipleship. It’s an indictment of Christianity that most believers can quote John 3:16, but they can’t quote 1 John 3:16:”This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.” We are actually committed to each other as we are to Jesus. We call it KOINONIA(FELLOWSHIP). we are committed to love each other, serve each other, bear each others burdens, forgive each other, sing to each other, submit each other and to devoted to each other. David proclaims “Behold, how great and pleasant it is where brothers dwell in unity.”(Psalm 133:1) What is the impediment, not to do so?. Is it the loss of, vision- of- eternity and resurrection.? Or Are we mesmerized by the enticement of this mortal world.?

      33 miners have been trapped since Aug.5 ,2010, 2300 ft below in Chile’s Atacama desert. How human beings love to co operate in the face of danger? The Chilean miners pull together. The youngest of the miners is only 19. The oldest, Mario Gomez, is 62. He has assumed the role of co coordinator, organizing the group in to three- man buddy teams so that they can look after one another and serving as liaison to the surface. He also set up a makeshift chapel to offer spiritual support. He has also established a rule that no one may eat until all have received their food. Now the escape cage is ready to lift them up. Each of them wanted, he should be last to step into the escape shaft. No body wanted to separate. They created an incredible bond together in the mines with in two months.

      What a wonderful KOINONIA(FELLOWSHIP) to be followed.? Fellowship is the veins to flow the blood of life.

      Prayer

      Jesus, thank you for the fellowship you have given to us to share your love and happiness. Let be share our material and non material wealth to the needy and the poor. May we all taste the freshness of sharing and co operation. Let fellowship descend to our families and churches. . All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Your ever loving servant in Jesus

      Paulose Achen from Toronto Wednesday 13 October 2010

      N.B. please forward to your relatives and friends.
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012
        Today with Jesus

        ·