Re: Today with Jesus

  • Philip Scaria
    Message 1 of 442 , Oct 8, 2010
      Dear Moderator,

      This is in response to SOCSM digest 3455: Rev. Fr.Paulose is giving very meaningful thoughts everyday. Dear Achen, continue doing it. What we lack in our churh are more meaningful sermons by the priests. What we hear is the same old messages every Sunday. People are tired of hearing the same thing over and over. Priests as the representative of our Lord are supposed to decipher the scripture and tell us what does it mean. I attended one Marthomite achen's sermon at a house-warming ceremony. He talked about the meaning of the story about the patient being brought down the opening in the roof to the crowd by dissuading the owner of the house to be that house where the Christ was present. "Let the neighbors come to your house to see the Christ. Let this house be the residence  of our Christ"

      We all are lovers of mundane life. Yet, the achen's have a responsibility to dissuade us by persuations and presentations. I don't mean to put all responsibilities on the shoulders of achens. But note that "a crowing head has no rest".

      Achen, please continue the article with your lines on prayers,

      With sincere thanks

      Philip Scaria
      St. Peter's church Chicago
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V