Re: EMENDATIONS SUGGESTESTED TO OUR PRAYER BOOKS

  • Mor Deevannasios Geevarghese
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 2 KB
    Dear SOCM Moderaters,

    It is for the query Posted by: "Vatachal Thomas John"

    As per our Holy Qurbono Text, the repose to Mariyam deekedthok etc. said by the celebrant, is followed by the Maneeso of Moran Patriarch Severios. The said maneeso in Syriac starts with the words "Earamarmok Mor Malko" and hence the preceedings words viz., B'sloos eamo deeledthok vadkuhoon qadeesak are the RESPONSE-PROPER to Mariyam deeledthok etc. The response proper is to be understood with the words ethraaham alyne added at the end. As such in our reponse-proper in Malayalam and English the words njangaluteme- l karuna cheyyaname and have mercy upon us respectively are to be added and then only '"swabhavaprakaram maranamillathavanum "etc in Malayalam
    Unquote

    1)We are belonging to a true church which our Lord installed and accepting intercessional prayers of the Saints.

    In Heb.12:1,2

    "In all our eucharist services  the chief celebrant starting
    with " Mariam deelethok.....ethraham alain"or "ninne prasavicha
    mariamum....... njangalutemel  karuna cheyyaname"

    The faithful accepting his prayer and  replying
    " basloos emo deelethok vadkulhun kadiisaik ........ hus al kulan". or "nin mathav visudhanmaar..............krupa cheyyenam"

    Krupa cheyyanam  is not the same meaning as karuna cheyyanam. That we can understand. We have to find suitable malayalam  words for  the same. Then it is OK.

    2) See the meaning of the Syriac hymn"''Udhaanam cheythutane thanne kroosicha etc as an attached file

    Heb 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us,and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

    Heb 12:2 So we are asking them to pray for us Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of ourfaith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

    Deevannasios Methrachan