Corrections - Today with jesus - Saturday 9 October 2010

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9 9:32 AM
      Dearest moderators, my love and prayer for your selfless services. Todays meditation you have sent, the first para is missing and more alian symbols are coming. Could you check it and send it back the full message.

      Today's bible verse (Saturday 9 October 2010)

      “For the lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior…With his love, he will calm all your fears.”(Zephaniah 3 :17)

      God’s love and his spiritual presence is a time tested truth. The four letter word ‘love‘ is the most abused, misused, mismanaged and misunderstood word in English dictionary. Even a six and half year old child says love is a bad word!. Why it’s so? Because our society confuses love and lust. Unlike lust, God’s kind of love is directed outward toward others, not inward toward ourselves. It’s truly utterly unselfish. This kind of love goes against our natural inclinations. Just like a tree that gives shade to those who come and sit under it. Like a lamp gives light those who sit around it. Like a rose flower sends fragrance to those who pass near it. God’s love has no quid- pro –quo.(not expect anything in return)

      Victor Frankl was a great neurologist and psychiatrist saved from Nazi’s concentration camp. His wife and mother were murdered by Nazis and father passed away in the camp. According to him life has meaning under all circumstances, even the most miserable ones, unchangeable suffering also. He writes-“We stumbled on the darkness, the accompanying guards kept shouting at us with the butts of their rifles”. His wife’s thought came to his mind in that dark night in the camp. He continues, “My mind clung to my wife’s image.. with uncanny acuteness. I heard answering me, saw her smile, her frank and encouraging look… her look was then more luminous than the sun which was beginning to rise.” The truth that love is the ultimate and the highest goal to which man can aspire. The salvation of man is through love and in love. For the first time in my life I was able to understood the meaning of words,” “The angels are lost in perpetual contemplation of an infinite glory”.

      No life with out love. We are born in love, live in love and die in love, that’s all life. Today Jesus unconditional love helps you to face your pains.

      Prayer

      Jesus, thank for your love. Let us taste your loving presence. Be all an instrument of love to love our families, works, friends and our enemies. Today be a new day of love in our life. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Your ever loving servant in Jesus

      Paulose Achen from Toronto Saturday 9 October 2010

      N.B. please forward to your friends