Gregory of Sinai

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2010
      Grace is not merely faith, but also active prayer. For the latter shows in practice true faith, made living by Jesus, for it comes from the Spirit through love. And so faith is dead and lifeless in a man who does not see it active in himself. More than that - a man has no right to be called faithful, if his faith is a bare word and if he has not in him a faith made active by love and the Spirit. Thus faith must be made evident by progress in works, or it must act in the light and shine in works, as the divine Apostle says: 'Show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works (James 2:18).

      Gregory of Sinai, Philokalia - Volume