EMENDATIONS SUGGESTESTED TO OUR PRAYER BOOKS

  • Vatachal Thomas John
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2010
      My humble Greetings to the Prelates whose right hand I kiss in reverence, to the Priests to whom I say barekmor and Laymen to whom I say Slomo amkoon

      I have the honour to suggest the following emendations to our prayer books:-

      As per our Holy Qurbono Text, the repose to Mariyam deekedthok etc.said by the celebrant, is followed by the Maneeso of Moran Patriarch Severios. The said maneeso in Syriac starts with the words"Earamarmok Mor Malko" and hence the preceedings words viz., B'sloos eamo deeledthok vadkuhoon qadeesak are the RESPONSE-PROPER to Mariyam deeledthok etc. The response proper is to be understood with the words ethraaham alyne added at the end. As such in our reponse-proper in Malayalam and English the words njangaluteme-l karuna cheyyaname and have mercy upon us respectively are to be added and then only '"swabhavaprakaram maranamillathavanum "etc in Malayalam

      and" I adore thee Lord and King" etc in English are to be said. My suggestion is that the words"njangaluteme-l karuna cheyyaname' is added in our Qurbono Book in Malayalam by way of emendation. The response if said in Malayalam verse "njangalme-l karuna cheyka" can very well be used.

      In the prayers for the Noon when we say the Maneeso of Moran Patriarch Severios we prefix the words "Nenne prasavicha maathaavinteyum ninte parisudhanmar ellavaruteyum prardhanakalal" These words are meaningless unless we add the words Njangaluteme-l karunacheyyaname. In my humble view these words do not pertain to the maneeso and hence need expuching from the prayers for the Noon

      In the Qyomtho Morning Prayer Kolo at 2 ''Udhaanam cheythutane thanne kroosicha etc" in the fourth line we sing "Than rekthamathil cherthora-puthrannay sthothram" The emendation suggested is "THAN rekthamathil" is to be changed as THANU rekthamathil (better still is thanu rekthangalathil)

      In the Qyomtho Prayer for the 3rd hour the kolo at 1 "Utayo-n Nadhaa Nee Udhanam Chythappo-l" the word MAKANE- in line 5 is to be changed as AVANE. As per the Holy Bible the owner of the garden is addressed by Mariyam Magdeline with the word Sir. In Malayam it is Yejamaanane- or Prabho and in Syriac it is Mo-r. One cannot strech one's imagination to make the said Mariyam call the owner of the garden Makane- (which is son in English). Hence my suggestion.

      Yours in Him
      V T John
      ID 3085
      --------------------------------
      From the desk of moderators
      All BOLD words in the messages are converted to CAPITAL CASE
    • Mor Deevannasios Geevarghese
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2010
      • 1 Attachment
      • 2 KB
      Dear SOCM Moderaters,

      It is for the query Posted by: "Vatachal Thomas John"

      As per our Holy Qurbono Text, the repose to Mariyam deekedthok etc. said by the celebrant, is followed by the Maneeso of Moran Patriarch Severios. The said maneeso in Syriac starts with the words "Earamarmok Mor Malko" and hence the preceedings words viz., B'sloos eamo deeledthok vadkuhoon qadeesak are the RESPONSE-PROPER to Mariyam deeledthok etc. The response proper is to be understood with the words ethraaham alyne added at the end. As such in our reponse-proper in Malayalam and English the words njangaluteme- l karuna cheyyaname and have mercy upon us respectively are to be added and then only '"swabhavaprakaram maranamillathavanum "etc in Malayalam
      Unquote

      1)We are belonging to a true church which our Lord installed and accepting intercessional prayers of the Saints.

      In Heb.12:1,2

      "In all our eucharist services  the chief celebrant starting
      with " Mariam deelethok.....ethraham alain"or "ninne prasavicha
      mariamum....... njangalutemel  karuna cheyyaname"

      The faithful accepting his prayer and  replying
      " basloos emo deelethok vadkulhun kadiisaik ........ hus al kulan". or "nin mathav visudhanmaar..............krupa cheyyenam"

      Krupa cheyyanam  is not the same meaning as karuna cheyyanam. That we can understand. We have to find suitable malayalam  words for  the same. Then it is OK.

      2) See the meaning of the Syriac hymn"''Udhaanam cheythutane thanne kroosicha etc as an attached file

      Heb 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us,and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

      Heb 12:2 So we are asking them to pray for us Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of ourfaith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

      Deevannasios Methrachan