Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Oct 5, 2010
      Today’s bible words

      “But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners’.(Romans 5:8)

      While we were still sinners-these are amazing words. God sent Jesus Christ to die for us, not because we were good enough, but just because he loved us. When ever you feel uncertain about God’s love for you, remember that he loved you even before you turned to him. St. Paul says, three most important things in life; ”Faith, hope and love……….But the greatest of these is love” .So all we need in this life is love .That Jesus showed in his life by his death on cross. Love seems impotent in the face of natural calamities, disease, war and poverty. Still, when relationships are strained and faith is tested and hopes seems lost Paul’s ancient wisdom of love rings true.

      Horace and Louise were staunch fundamental Christians. When they heard that their son Mike got AIDS and he was a gay, they were shocked. A soul- wrenching tension for them- what to do with his son?. Many people profess to “hate the sin, love the sinner .”, but few are tested as this couple. But here they took the decision to take care of Mike in their home.’ There was no other way to go,” Louise said. ‘We loved Mike, we loved him dearly and we still do. We wanted to do every thing we could for him ourselves.” They loved him. Mike once told to them “I love you too” and he was sorry to cause them pain.

      By trying to sanitize illness and dying, we are in advertently separate and isolate the people we love- and we isolate ourselves. Isolation is the opposite of loving connection. Jesus love is inclusive, encompassing all of us.

      Prayer

      Jesus, sickness and the fear of sickness haunting us. The world is isolating us and we are stigmatized. You are the only hope and love . Let we feel your presence , love , and care. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Your ever loving servant in Jesus.

      Paulose Achen from Toronto ,Wednesday 6 October 2010.

      N.B.please forward to your friends.
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012
        Today with Jesus