Re: Reply to Malankara Orthodox Church's aligation against the Proposed Saint Gregorious Jacobite Church at Parumala

  • Baby Paul
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2010
      Peace in Chirst

      I think no more clarification on the subject is required as let who has the eyes read and understand.

      With regards
      Baby Paul

      > The following links show excerpts taken from today's (4th Oct.'10) press meeting of H.E. Geevarghese Mor Coorilos at Pathanamthitta Press Club, in reply to Malankara Orthodox Church's allegation against the proposed construction of "Saint Gregorious Jacobite Church" at Parumala.
      >
      > Page 01
      > http://socmnet.org/Press_Releases/Parumalapally/ParumalaPally_Press_Release_04Oct2010_01.jpg
      >
      > Page 02
      > http://socmnet.org/Press_Releases/Parumalapally/ParumalaPally_Press_Release_04Oct2010_02.jpg
      >
      > Page 03
      > http://socmnet.org/Press_Releases/Parumalapally/ParumalaPally_Press_Release_04Oct2010_03.jpg
      >
      > Page 04
      > http://socmnet.org/Press_Releases/Parumalapally/ParumalaPally_Press_Release_04Oct2010_04.jpg
      >
      > Page 05
      > http://socmnet.org/Press_Releases/Parumalapally/ParumalaPally_Press_Release_04Oct2010_05.jpg
      >
      > SOCM News Bureau - Pathanamthitta
    • Rev. Fr.Peter Farrington
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2010
        The first Orthodox Education Day, which is taking place on the 9th October at the Nevart Gulbenkian Hall of the St. Sarkis Armenian Orthodox Church in Iverna Gardens, Kensington, London W8 6TP. This event is sponsored by the Council of Oriental Orthodox Churches in the UK.

        The Orthodox Education Day will start with an Armenian morning service of prayer at 10:00am in St Sarkis Church followed by a continental breakfast at 10:15am.

        The program, starting at 10:25am with welcoming remarks and announcement, will include the following speakers:

        His Grace Abba Seraphim of the British Orthodox Church:
        "The Septuagint in the Oriental Orthodox Traditions"

        The Very Revd Fr. Vahan Hovhanessian:
        "The Bible as the source of spirituality in the writing of the Armenian Church Fathers"

        Revd Fr. Peter Farrington of the British Orthodox Church:
        "The Bible as the source of Orthodox Christology."

        Each speaker will make a presentation of about 20 minutes, and then there will be a space of about 10 minutes for questions and discussion.

        Lunch will be served at noon at the conclusion of the second talk.

        Registration for attendees will be £5.00 and payable on the day, which will help defray the cost of lunch and handouts. Those planning to attend should send an email to Father Peter with their name and contact details to help with arrangements.

        All are welcome and this invitation may be freely redistributed.