Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Oct 1, 2010
      Today’s bible verse
      “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; you are mine.

      “when you pass through the waters, I will be with you”(Isaiah 43:1-2)

      The presence of another person can be transforming experience in our life. At times, it can mean the difference between life and death. The parents know that the children are in hunger for the presence of them always. Now the medical science proved, touching, breast feeding, and holding the children in the hands of the parents are the best for a healthy mature growth of a child. We have a number of stigma to care and touch when we deal with others. It may be cultural, Social religious, racial, financial or other conditioned character. Individualism is the norm now. We are even reluctant to listen others. That is the reason the hugging mother like Matha Amrithandha Mai gets attracted- some one there to touch and listen!

      The mother of Jimmy Carter ( former president of America) Miss Lillian saw leprosy for the first time when she worked as a volunteer nurse in Bombay, India. She moved away firstly when she saw a small girl with leprous sores came to the clinic. With a mask she gave the first shot. Then she went and scrubbed the entire body red and raw and she became sick. But weekly base she treated the leprous child. Time passed, her stigma subsided and managed not to turn her face away. Then the spirit of the child bloomed and sores faded. The child started to look on her anxiously with trust . Lillian and the child started to smile each other and said a few Marathi words and reached and hold each others hand. When Lillian kissed the child ‘s lips she didn’t feel unclean.

      God says I love you, and I will be with you, no matter what happens.. The presence of one who cares is a healing, nurturing gift. When we give our presence to another person, especially one who is lonely, needy, or out cast ,the blessing returns to us.

      Prayer.
      Lord, Let be a channel of presence and comforter to those who are needy, sick, and lonely. Give us a new heart to treat everybody as our own body. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Your ever loving servant in Jesus

      Paulose Achen from Toronto 2 October 2010 Saturday

      N.B. please forward to your friends
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012
        Today with Jesus