Parumala March, make it an history

  • Issac. K. Joseph
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2010
      Dear all

      I do agree with Mr. Varkey, it was wise from our Church to built the church in a very small scale, start the Holy Qurbana and later announce for its development.

      What we seen in Parumala, the real intention of Devalokam Private Ltd Co. It was well planned by their Hierarchy. They brought few fanatic priests and laymen from their strong hold places in buses and rang the bells of Parumala Pally and gathered them in the street and crate a law and order problem to make the government to move against us.

      We must act fast, should not sleep on the subject. As many members said the dream project will accomplish at any cost but it may take some time. We must keep the subject as hot topic. If the Devalokam fanatics can march against us, we must march for our rights, which is given by the constitution of India.

      I suggest that we should conduct a "Parumala March" same as our historic "Aluwa March" and demand to the government to remove the unnecessary and partial temporary injection enforced by the district collector.

      If Devalokam group do not allow us to build our own parish at our choice of place, then they must give back our property which belongs to the Patriarch of Antioch, or give our time share in the same premises.

      Do not sleep on it act strongly.

      In Christ
      Issac K Joseph
    • Aji Thomas David
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2010
        Dear all

        I do support Mr. Issac

        "If Devalokam group do not allow us to build our own parish at our choice of place, then they must give back our property which belongs to the Patriarch of Antioch, or give our time share in the same premises."

        Please check the following links

        About the beginning of Parumala Seminary - Page 114 & 115 from the
        book published by Malayala Manorama Co, in 1901

        http://syrianchurch.org/StGG/Parumala.htm

        " On 13th 'Karkidakam' (July 27 /28), 1872, Arikupurathu Korula (Koruthu) Mathen executed a deed in favour of the Metropolitan, who will be ever loyal to the Patriarch Moran Mor Ignatius seated on the Holy Throne of Antioch. This deed was registered as No. 69, at the Thiruvalla sub-registrar office on 16th Chingam 1048."

        http://syrianchurch.org/StGG/ArikKorulaMathen.jpg

        In Christ
        Aji Thomas David