New Congregation for Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church at Gurukul

  • SOCM Moderators
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2010
      New Congregation for Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church at Gurukul Lutheran Theological College, Chennai.

      CHENNAI: New Congregation has been formed under the Mylapore Diocese of Jacobite Syrian Orthodx Church at Gurukul Lutheran Theological College, Chennai. Rev. Dr. George who is an eminent scholar and professor in Gurukul Seminary, Chennai has been appointed as the vicar of the new congregation by H.G Issac Mor Osthathiose. Sunday service will be started by next month middle. The time will be -7 am morning prayer and 7.30 Holy Qurbana

      Address:
      Gurukul Lutheran Theological college,
      No.94,
      Purasawalkam High Road,
      Kilpauk,
      Chennai-600 010

      For More details Contact
      Rev Fr Aby - +91 9445008736
      or
      Mr. Valsan P Varghese +91 9840346075
    • Rev. Fr. Jerry Kurian
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2010
        Dear moderators,

        Let me take this opportunity to thank Rev. Dr. Samuel W. Meshack, the principal of the Gurukul Lutheran Theological College and Rev. Dr. Ponniah Manoharan, the director of the college, the faculty and the college council for giving us permission to start Qurbana in the college chapel. The permission was granted over a month ago after a letter was given by H.G. Osthathios Issac seeking permission for the same. Hope the early Qurbana and parking facilities will be of help to Jacobite members staying nearby and for those who want to take part in an early Qurbana regardless of where they stay. Fr. Dr. George is teaching in Gurukul in the department of Counselling. Please pray for the college and a long lasting relationship between the college and our church and for the success of the Qurbana in the college campus.

        Warm regards, Jerry achen.
        Fr. Jerry Kurian
        I.D. no. 4500