Jacobite Church would go ahead with its proposed project - Geevarghese Mor Coorilos

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2010
      Talking to The press, Metropolitan of the Niranom diocese of the Jacobite Syrian Christian Church His Eminence Dr. Geevarghese Mor Coorilos said the Church had purchased 20 cents of land 700 meters away from the St. Peter's and St. Paul's Church at Parumala for constructing the church. The land has been purchased on the basis of a request from 30 families of the Church in and around Parumala.

      Mor Coorilos said the allegations of the Indian Orthodox Church were totally unfounded and was aimed at creating confusion and social tension in Parumala. Mor Coorilos Geevarghese claimed that St. Gregorios, popularly known as Parumala Tirumeni, is the saint of his Church and nobody could prevent the Church from constructing a church dedicated to the saint at Parumala after complying with all legal and official formalities. He alleged that title deeds of the St. Peter's and St. Paul's church were in the name of the Patriarch of Antioch.

      Metropolitan said the Jacobite Syrian Christian Church was not a party to the controversy and that it would go ahead with its proposed project.

      SOCM News Bureau - Thiruvalla
    • Sabu Alias
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2010
        The row over Parumala Church (Our Church is not a party to this satanic display of muscle/mamon power) clearly exposes the true color of IOC leaders. They are proclaiming to the world that Money is their Lord!. Why they try to hide even the name of the Present IOC Church where the tomb of our beloved Saint stand?

        Sabu Alias