New Jacobite Church at Parumala - Agitation drama of IOC

  • Varkey T.A
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2010
      Dear All,

      The organised agitation drama enacted by IOC at Parumala on 27th Monday shows their desperation on the subject.  It was interesting to see in Asianet TV that their priests (members as well may be) were brought in to the venue in a hired tourist bus, to conduct the agitation drama and blocking the traffic near Parumala Pally!!!  Common man was wondering what was the purpose of blocking the road there?? How the show was organised by IOC heirarchy can be assessed from it. After that they had been taken away from the place by the same bus!!

      Their Secretary Mr. George Mathew annouced in the TV that they will "never allow Jacobites to establish any Church in our place", as if Jacobite church is going to be construct the Church in their land!!! That is the mentality of IOCeans.  As Mr. Aji Thomas rightly said, they may be afraid of any "income loss" from the offeratory box kept near the tomb, as most of the people visiting the tomb is from Jacobite Church!! Every one in Kerala knows their money minded intention in this case.

      I hope the temporary injection order from District Collector can be vacated asap.  The Holy Saint will be interceding for us.  However, it was wise from our Church to built the church in a very small scale, start the Holy Qurbana and later announce for its development.

      I think our Church should make a list of their 'Catholicate Centres' near to our much aclaimed churches and also point out how the Puthuppally Church perunals (IOC & JSOC) are conducted without any disturbance to either, to the Government to substantiate our desire to build the St. Gregorious Church in our land.

      May the intercession of the Holy Saint be with us.  Pray for the IOC heirarchy as well to get their fear removed!!!

      Regards

      Varkey Titus
      Id No: 1024
    • PAUL Joshy
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2010
        Dear All

        The is no doubt that it is the IOC that creates mayhem in Parumala and
        wanted the region turn to a “Kalapabhumi’(source:
        MalankaraOrthodox.tv) by the works of unwise and anti-Christian way of
        the their hierarchy. Their opposition to a new church will not last
        for long because Jacobites are going to construct a new church in
        deferent premise, not close the current church (like Ram-Janma Bhoomi
        in Ayodhya). The constitution also guarantees the minorities to own,
        posses and manage institutions, including for religious purposes. IOC
        has been considering Parumala Pally (IOC church) for money making
        machine only, otherwise they would not have opposed to a church in the
        name of the Saint because if Jacobites construct a new church the
        money coming into the IOC church will become decrease.

        On the other hand, in an independent objective, the government cannot
        accept the IOC version to opposing the new Jacobite church , except
        one issue of the law and order problem going to happen in future.
        Although peaceful Perunnal is conducting in Puthupally and other areas
        where there are two churches for the both, in Parumala it could be a
        different situation. As we all know the kind of Gudaism IOC people
        exercise at Thrukkunnathu seminary at the time of the Perunnal in
        January every year , the same thing will be created in Parumala by the
        IOCians and will turn the blame on the Jacobites as they will argue it
        happened because Jacobites have established a new church. In every
        year hundreds of procession are going to the IOC church from different
        location(I had also gone with one Theerthayathra from the North) and
        on Nov 1 evening the entire road from Mannar Junction to IOC church is
        fully jammed. In such a situation if Jacobites conduct the same type
        of Procession at the same time it will create huge problem like rival
        sloganeering(Jai Jai Pathriarkeese Vs Jai Jai Catholicose, Jai Jai
        Anthiochia Vs Jai jai Devalokam) and one procession will turn to left
        while the other to the right after the Parumala bridge will lead to
        manhandling that will make a real law and order issue for the
        authorities.

        So, in such a situation we must be very careful that the authorities
        might incorporate some restrictions before they give permission to
        construct a Jacobite church like restricting the using of megaphone
        outside the church, not allowing procession going out and coming in
        to the Jacobite church during the days of Nov 1, 2, 3, and so on. Our
        leadership must reasonably take a firm decision since every political
        party will depend on vote bank politics only, no permanent interest
        with any group.

        Joshy Paul