GOD'S SORROW - TO LEAD US TO SALVATION ; 2- Corinthians - 7 - 10

  • Benny
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2010
      Dear All

      2- Corinthians - 7 - 10

      10For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented
      of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. ( Read Malayalam version, if needed )

      Please meditate on the above verses and note that , sorrows in life are two different types. One is the sorrow in life which is from GOD which can lead us to salvation and the other is from world which can lead us to death..!

      In the story of "Lost son" , ? we can see the sorrow of him which has
      turned him from Dark to light, a salvation with repentance. Let us read below verses from Luke 15:17-19

      17"When he came to his senses, he said, 'How many of my father's hired
      men have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18I will set
      out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned
      against heaven and against you. 19I am no longer worthy to be called
      your son; make me like one of your hired men.' 20So he got up and went
      to his father.

      Father never asked for more explanation but his actions were only with
      full of mercy as a beloved son. (Pls ref below)

      22 "But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet.
      23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate.
      24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.

      Currently, majority of us are driving ourselves in to darkness knowingly or unknowingly by flowing along with the world life style. Lot of us fascinated with worldly lusts, and colors of the higher and powerful.

      Believe, that if we trust in man rather than God(psalms 118/8) it is
      futile. So, do not allow others/society to drive away us from our Lord Jesus Christ. Also ,lot of people running behind miracles and satisfys themselves, but need to meditate the verses of Jesus Christ in Mathew- 7- 21

      (21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom
      of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

      22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in
      your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'

      23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you

      Also, see the weakness of any humanbeing from the following verses...

      Psalm 103:15 As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field;

      Isaiah 51:12 "I, even I, am he who comforts you. Who are you that you fear mortal men, the sons of men, who are but grass,

      Isaiah 40:6 A voice says, "Cry out."
      And I said, "What shall I cry?" "All men are like grass, and all their
      glory is like the flowers of the field.

      I conclude, with verses from Philippians 1: 9-11

      "God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above
      every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those
      who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every
      tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the
      Father" (Philippians 1:9-11

      May God lead us from Darkness to Light...

      Thanks & Rgds