Being Alone With God is Rewarding and Transforms Us

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2010
      Being Alone With God is Rewarding and Transforms Us

      Matt. 6:6: Matt. 6:6: But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

      In such prayer, the emphasis is not petitions, but in fellowship with God. The soul thirsts for God, and loves to be in His presence, and gives Him thanks and praise. The door of the heart is shut to everything other than God. The heart desires God alone, and waits to hear His voice. We feed quietly on God's Word, and wait attentively to hear God's voice. We desire intimate fellowship and oneness with God. In such communion with God we receive revelation concerning
      God's will for our lives.

      We begin to experience 2 Cor.3:18: But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. We experience transformation in seeing the glory of the Lord by the eyes of the heart. To know God in fellowship is to b made one with Him in fellowship and life's purposes: But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit,� 1 Cor. 6:17.

      Moses Experience: See Ex. 34:29-35 & 2 Cor. 3:7-18: Moses was alone with God for 40 days, and his face shone by god's glory. This pointed to the greater glory (transformation) that is to be ours through Jesus Christ our Lord.

      Jacob's Experience: See Gen.32:24-28 & Hos. 12:3-4. Jacob prayed to God all night for a blessing, and prevailed. The blessing he received was a changed name Israel: he fights with God (in prevailing prayer). A new� name implies a new personality character . The former name was Jacob, meaning heel catcher, trickster, or supplanter.

      God Dwells with the Humble of Heart: Isa. 57:15: Our God is such a God: He dwells with him also that is of a humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. This is transformation.

      Shibu Podiyan
      Washington D.C