The Feast of the HOLY CROSS and the 30th Anniversary of the Apostolic Consecrat

  • Rev. Fr. Mathai Varkey Puthukkunnathu
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2010
      September 14th – The Feast of the HOLY CROSS and the 30th Anniversary of the Apostolic Consecration of the Patriarch of Antioch and All the East, His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas.

      Colossians:2:15
      "And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross."

      May the unblemished Lamb, the Son of God who came down from Heaven to redeem the humanity from eternal damnation, through His intolerable suffering on the CROSS, continuously be merciful to all of us. And certainly, the CROSS is the Symbol of Victory over Satan and his emissaries. More about Holy Cross at ..

      http://www.socdigest.org/articles/04mar06.html

      It is noteworthy that the illustrious Apostolic reign of His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, Patrirarch of Antioch and All the East and the Supreme Head of the Universal Syrian Orthodox Church for the past 30 years has been a tremendous blessing for our Holy Church. The Holy Syrian Orthodox Church has become a vital community world wide and we have gained steady progress and stability in all areas. This trend is very much visible in the United States of America and among the Malankara Archdiocesan community as well.

      The Malankara Archdiocese of the Syrian Orthodox Church in North America was instituted under the direct jurisdiction and control of His Holiness, the Patriarch of Antioch and All the East in 1993. This was also one of many great legacies of the late lamented Mor Athanasius Yeshue Samuel of blessed memory. The reason why this Archdiocese was named by His Holiness, our beloved Holy Father as "Malankara Archdiocese" was to uphold the heritage, ethnic and cultural Malankarese identity and above all to maintain the indisputable umbilical relationship to the Malankara wing of the Holy Syrian Orthodox Church.

      Along with the Clergy and the Faithful Members of the Holy Syrian Orthodox Church, we also wish His Holiness a Blessed Anniversary of the Apostolic Consecration and respectfully pray to the Good Lord to shower His choicest Blessings on His Holiness and the Holy Throne of Saint Peter at this joyous occasion. May the Lord provide His Holiness with good health and long life.

      Prayerfully,

      Fr. Mathai Varkey Puthukkunnathu

      Vicar: St. Ignatius Elias III Syrian Orthodox Church, Atlanta, USA.