Re: Altar Boys in Bangalore?

  • Jai Abe Cheriyan
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2010
      Dear Vineeth,

      I presume the objective of the forum is educating the deacons/altar assistants and interacting with them.Congratulations for this initiative.

      I have the following recommendations:

      1) Why not the forum is universal in nature, instead of limiting the participation of altar assistants only in Bangalore?

      2) In Bangalore, you could initiate a kind of vocational camp for the altar assistants with the consent of Church authorities, which could be expanded beyond Bangalore if found successful.

      Love in Christ,
      Jai Abe Cheriyan
      ID #0914.
    • Vineeth John Abraham
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 17, 2010
        Hi All,

        Thanks for the feedback!

        I got so many suggestions from each one of you. It gives me hope that
        our youth are very active and want to learn more about our Church
        History and our traditions.

        We have so many resources in our church. Priests and Metropolitans who are encyclopedia's of our Church History.

        But we are not using them properly. We just waste our time by playing cheap politics or arguing against IOC / Goorgoen/ etc etc.

        Ours is a church which is built in Faith.
        Ours is a church with HISTORY.
        Ours is a Church with Tradition.

        Let us join our hands to learn about church, protect our church from Satanic forces.

        "Vivekananda" once told about his GURU. Guru Ramakrishna Parmahansa
        first learned what Hinduism is, then started learning others to find the difference between each and other.

        Likewise If we don't no what we are, how can we argue about others? Let us learn about our faith, our traditions first.

        Those who are interested to join this group, please send me a mail to vineethjohnabraham@... (vineethjohnabraham @ yahoo. com)

        It is open to all who loves to work for the Kingdom of God (Not only for Altar Boys).

        Thanks and Regards
        Vineeth John Abraham
        4187
      • S Chandy
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 19, 2010
          Vineeth,

          You start any initiative I am in support of you, in fact I am planning to do a film show of Hidden Perl in Bangalore.

          in HIS love
          S Chandy
          id 4167

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Vineeth John Abraham wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > Thanks for the feedback!
          >
          > I got so many suggestions from each one of you. It gives me hope that
          > our youth are very active and want to learn more about our Church
          > History and our traditions.

        • Jai Abe Cheriyan
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 19, 2010
            Dear Vineeth,

            May I recommend using SOCM-FORUM itself for the knowledge sharing of Faith, History and Tradition of our Church? The reasons for this suggestion are:

            1. SOCM Forum stands for our faith and our traditions, which is the objective of the new Forum you propose.
            2. Joining all members in a single Forum would reduce redundancy and hence can overcome the difficulty of visiting multiple Forums. I remember when I was very young, sought advice from then Archbishop of Trivandrum HG Benedict Mor Gregorios of the Malankara Catholic Church to start a new campaign against Smoking etc. He advised me to join some existing social organizations like late Prof.M.P.Manmadan's movement.
            3. Understanding the faith, history and traditions are applicable for not only altar boys but many members of this Forum including self.
            4. Arguments against IOC / Goorgoen/ etc provide us some insights about theirs and our own belief/stand which is actually helping us to understand and explore our traditions and faith.
            5. Current affairs of our Church are as important as history, for which SOCM Forum is a perfect source.
            6. The presence of well educated (encyclopedia's of our Church History) and respected members in SOCM Forum would be a support for your discussions too.

            Appreciate your initiatives. I would suggest creating another physical forum for altar assistants for interacting and mentoring,not objecting a email group for communicating by mail, this could be extended beyond Bangalore too, while encourage all to join a single internet forum (SOCM Forum).

            Best wishes.

            Thanks & Regards,
            Jai Abe Cheriyan