Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1440 , Aug 29 7:48 PM
      "A house roof is held up by the foundations and the rest of the building, and the foundation and the rest of the building are laid to hold the roof - since both are necessary and useful - and neither is the roof built without the foundations and the rest of the house, nor can foundations and walls without roof make a building fit to live in. So it is with the soul: the grace of the Holy Spirit is preserved by keeping the commandments, and the keeping of the commandments is the foundation laid for receiving the gifts of God's grace. Neither does the grace of the Holy Spirit remain in us without our obeying the commandments, nor can obeying the commandments be useful and salutary without Divine grace."

      St. Simeon the New Theologian.

      "The fear of the Lord delights the heart, and gives gladness and joy and long life." Sirach 1:12
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1440 of 1440 , Jul 29

        "The Word of God then itself endured all in the flesh, while His divine nature which alone was passionless remained void of passion. For since the one Christ, Who is a compound of divinity and humanity, and exists in divinity and humanity, truly suffered, that part which is capable of passion suffered as it was natural it should, but that part which was void of passion did not share in the suffering. For the soul, indeed, since it is capable of passion shares in the pain and suffering of a bodily cut, though it is not cut itself but only the body: but the divine part which is void of passion does not share in the suffering of the body."

           St. John of Damascus.

        "For I know that the Lord is great, And our Lord is above all god."  Psalm 135:5

        Prayer Requests:

        AA and her kids
        MB - 7/28-30
        Emad