Choice of God's Love

  • Rev. Fr. John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2010
      Choice of God's Love

      As the Holy Church continues in the festival remembrance of St Mary, Mother of God, the lesson for today brings the Christian back to the basics of living the Christian life and doing good in this world. It all comes down to a simple choice. Then, as Fr John Brian asks, "when are we to do the good we are created for?"

      Using the reading from I Samuel a prophetic Old Testament reading as a backdrop for the important lesson in Orthodoxy.

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the Malankara Syrian lectionary and was given on Sunday, August 22, 2010 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      PODCAST OR DOWNLOAD: http://feeds.feedburner.com/frjohnbrian or http://frjohnbrian.hipcast.com/rss/spiritual_reflections_or_fr_john_brian.xml
      LISTEN ONLINE HERE:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2010/08/choice-of-god-love.html