His Beatitude Catholicos Baselios Thomas I delivered benedictory speech - Kerala Council of Churches (KCC) Sapthathy Celebrations Valedictory Function

  • Malankara Syriac Voice
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21 8:51 PM
      Chief Justice (Retd.) Dr. K. G. Balakrishnan inaugurated Kerala Council of Churches (KCC) Sapthathy Celebrations Valedictory Function at Thiruvalla.

      THIRUVALLA: The valedictory function of Sapthathi celebrations of Kerala Council of Churches concluded here at Ecumenical Nagar (Mar Thoma Residential School Auditorium) on August 21, Saturday.

      Chairman, National Human Rights Commission and Retd. Chief Justice Dr. K. G. Balakrishnan inaugurated the meeting.

      His Beatitude Catholicos Dr. Baselios Thomas I delevered benedictory speech from Jacobite Syriac Orthodox Church. Most. Rev. Dr. Joseph Marthoma Metropolitan (Mar Thoma Syrian Church), Rt. Rev. Bishop Thomas Samuel CSI), Col. Dr. D. Jayapaul (Salvation Army), Most. Rev. Dr. Mor Aphrem Metropolitan (Chaldean Syrian Church), H.B Paulose Mar Militheos (Indian Orthodox Church), Rt. Rev. Bishop Dr. K. P. Kuruvila (CSI), Rt. Rev. Dr. K G Daniel (CSI), His Eminence Mor Severios Kuriakose (Knanaya Jacobite Archdiocese), Most. Rev. Cyril Mar Baselios (Malabar Independent Syrian Church) delivered benedictory speeches representing the other member churches.

      Most Rev. His Grace Dr. Philipose Mar Chrysostom Valiya Metropolitan presided over. Rt. Rev. Dr. Zacharias Mar Theophilose Suffragon Metropolitan gave the keynote address.

      Metropolitan Dr. Mor Coorilos Geevarghese (Niranam), Mor Gregorios
      Kuriakose (Kallisserry Region, Knanaya Archdiocese), Very Rev. Dr. Kuriakose Moolayil Cor Episcopus, Santhoshkutty Kaniyamparambil (KCC, Youth Commission Convenor), Rev. Dr. A T Abraham Alunkal, Commander T O Elias were the dignitaries who represented Jacobite Syriac Orthodox Church in the function.

      Smt. Dayabhai was honoured with KCC Sapthathi Ecumenical Award. Rt. Rev. Dr. Abraham Mar Paulose (President, KCC) presented the award.
      View Photos
      http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/Albums/KCCSapthathyAug212010/index.html
    • Prem Jacob
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22 12:07 PM
        I don't know if any one has noticed this, there are 7-8 photos of our Bava speaking at the function, look at all the front row dignatorie 's faces, all eminent senior bishops and look at the face of the IOC deputy. this is a contest, spot the different.

        This shows the IO's attitude, culture, samskaram, mindset etc in general. what can one do except pity them.

        Prem Jacob
        Id- 0909