Spiritual Refuge is in Mary

  • Rev. Fr John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2010
      Spiritual Refuge is in Mary

      As the feast of the Assumption of Mary is about the St Mary, Mother of God, it is also about her lasting place as a refuge in Holy Orthodoxy. Fr John Brian preaches about the need for us to avoid fanaticism on one hand and secularism on the other and how we find in St Mary and the story of her assumption at her death clarity and comfort in our own spiritual development. This festival sermon is takes inspiration from the Epistle reading from Hebrews Chapter 2:14-18.

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the Malankara Syrian lectionary and was given on Sunday, August 15, 2010 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission
      Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      LISTEN ONLINE HERE:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2010/08/spiritual-refuge-is-in-mary.html