Re: Ammaye Njangal Marannalum, AnthyokkyayeMarakko olla

  • Sajy Thannikkottu
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 6, 2010
      I happened to see the photographs. Seems like everyone enjoyed the occasion very well.

      Two things which I noticed here as irrelavant are 1. Slogan (Ammaye marannalum .....) 2. 25-nmel Qurbana.

      25-nmel qurbana looks very good for its magical appearance. But I doubt its effectiveness as people will be more busy in evaluating each priests actions during any such Holy Qurbana. I think we should stop this practice in our church.

      And for the "Ammaye Marannlum..." slogan, I would say this is the worst ever slogan in any church in the entire world.

      I would be happy to watch if there is any videos available.

      regards
      Sajy Thannikkottu, Kathmandu
    • Mathew Chacko
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 6, 2010
        Dear All,
        I just saw a mesage in IOC forum and a gentle man from Malasia is asking for contact details of Moosa Gurgan.I am sure there will soon be a Malasian Diocease for Antiochian Orthodox Church of Europe - (AOCE) and the gentleman may be consecrated as its Bishop by Moosa Gurgan, likely to be assited by synod memebers of AOCE.

        If he likes to get consecrated at an undisclosed location,I would suggest, he should fly to Kerala and pay a vist to Mannuthy or Moovattupuzha.Carry a fax machine or Blackberry with you incase of any emergency.

        Best Regards
        Mathew Chacko
        ID#2382
      • Mathew G M
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 6, 2010
          Dear Nebu,
          There are Orthodox fathers that has taught us the faith. It is not the Antiochian Spiritual Fathers that we respect. It is the fathers who held on to the true faith. If you think all the fathers and saints that we remember in the 5th Thubden are Anthiochian then you are mistaken.
          For example:

          1) Mor Clemis (St Clement). Clement is Roman and was the fourth Bishop (Pope) of Rome.

          2) Mor Deevannasios (St. Dionysius the Great) is Greek was the first Bishop of Athens.

          3) Mor Athanasius is Coptic Egyptian as was the Bishop (Pope) of Alexandria.

          4) Mor Yulios (St Julius) is Roman as was the Bishop (Pope) of Rome.

          5) Mor Dioscoros is Coptic Egyptian and was the Bishop (Pope) of Alexandria.

          6) Mor Timotheos is Coptic Egyptian and succeeded Mor Dioscoros as the Pope of Alexandria.

          7) Mor Antemos is Greek and was the Patriarch of Contantinople

          8) Mor Ivanios (St. John Chrysostom) was the Patriarch of Constantinople

          9) Mor Koorilos (St Cyril of Alexandria) Coptic Egyptian, Patriarch of Alexandria.

          As you can see a lot of the fathers that we respect and hold dear to our heart are Orthodox fathers who taught us the true faith. They belonged to all various sees Rome, Alexandria, Contantinople etc. As long as their theology was true and complete (Orthodox) we consider them our spiritual father.

          Antioch always has a special place in the heart of every Malankara Christian. But please dont misunderstand that every spiritual father that we remember in our liturgy are Antiochean fathers. In fact most of them are not.

          Some of the key Antiochean / Syriac fathers that we have are:
          St. Ignatious of Antioch, St. Ephrem the Syrian, Mor Jacob of Serug, Mor Severious of Antioch etc.

          Mathew G M
          # 0929
        • Shinosh Philip
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 9, 2010
            It seems that Saji and others who do not like the Slogan "Ammaye Njangal marannalum Anthyokyaaye Marakilla"�, will not like the Holy Verses from Isaiah "Can a woman forgether sucking child,that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forgetthee." (Isaiah 49:15)Here, Our Lord Almighty says a mother may forget her child.

            The said slogan does not mean or teach to forget their Mother. If you think so, I must say you are reading between the lines and that is a foolish thought as well. What would you say about the Song of Songs? If we read that Book in the same manner, we could say that Song of Songs is full of vulgar usages isn't it? In our Wedding ceremony we sing that "Nadha Nokkuka Sundhari njan, Enne Ettuka
            Maniyarayil, Ninnude madiyil Shayanam Cheythaliyatte njan sukha Nidhra"� We can give different interpretation, if we wish to. But that is never the case.

            OMG!!!!! Are you approaching all the Old sayings in the same way?

            For one to forget or abandon his mother / parents, Forgetting or remembering Antioch the Holy See would never be a hindrance to his/ her decision; he would do so otherwise also.

            I am evaluating the slogan with the hardship of our Antiochean Fathers who shed their blood for Malankara Church. I strongly believe that if they didn't shed their blood for Malankara Church, sometimes we might have been converted to Roman Church or even Marthomites. I doubt if any of the Indian fathers worked this hard for their believers during their spiritual persecution times like the Antiochean fathers ever did (That doesn't mean I am degrading the hard work and hardship of our fathers in Malankara). That blood shedding might not be for the Methran Kakshi church; it is 100% for the Holy Jacobite Syrian Church. That is why every Jacobites proudly says that "Ammaye Njangal Marannalum Anthyokyaaye Marakkilla"� and that comes from the bottom of our hearts with lots of memories.

            Allathe Ammaye marakkum Ennala Angane Artham Kaanunna Methrankakshi Church nu Sthuthiyaayirikkatte.

            God Bless

            Shinosh Geevarghese Philip
            Kuwait
            4079
          • John
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 19, 2010
              Few guys are closing their eyes towards the fact.

              People who can "rewrite(?)" the history of Malankara Church is acting like as if they dont know the real meaning of this slogan.

              Even a high school student is aware that this slogan is not telling us to forget our mother...but to show our relationship with the holy throne...

              Ente mashe engane kannadachu eruttakkalleeeeee

              Brothers, beware that HISTORIANs may come up with even more crazy definitions...

              Alex John
              St Peters & St Pauls JSO Church, Bangalore