Give me understanding Ps. 119:16

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2010
      Give me understanding Ps. 119:169

      Ps. Ps. 119: 169: Let my cry come before You, O LORD; Give me understanding according to your word.[according to your word iscernment and comprehension regarding spiritual things]
      [In Ps. 119 the Psalmist prays five times asking for understanding see verses 34, 73,125,144,169. Solomon asked God for an understanding heart above everything else, 1 Kgs. 3:9.]
      Lord, I cry for understanding, Prov. 2:1-6,
      Knowing that only you can give understanding, Prov. 2:6.
      Enlighten the eyes of my understanding, Lord,
      So I may know what is the hope of your calling, Eph. 1:18.
      Give your servant an understanding heart, Lord, 1 Kgs. 4:29. Amen.

      Only earnest seekers receive understanding, Prov. 2:1-6.
      Prov.9:10: The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the
      knowledge of the Holy One isunderstanding. How blessed!
      Eph. 1:18-19: the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that
      you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints... This was Paul's prayer for the church.

      * Note from Ps. 119: 169 176 that the Word of God affects the mind (v. 169), the tongue (vv.171-72), the will (v.173 - choice), the emotions (v.174 desires & delights), and conscience (v.176 repentance). Let us pray earnestly and regularly for understanding according to God's Word, Ja. 1:5.

      Earnestly seeking God for the gift of understanding,

      Shibu Podiyan�
      Washington D.C