Pre-req's for Altar Boys?

  • Vineeth John Abraham
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2010
      Hi All,

      We keep on discussing so many things about our celebrations/ our tradition/ our faults in church etc etc!

      I believe some of them will be serving as Altar Boys in different churches! But does anyone enter the Holy Altar with all the Pre-req's which he should follow?

      Does he aware of what we should do before entering the step of Holy Altar?

      In old days if some one wanted to enter into Holy Madbaha senior priests / other people in Altar used to educate them on what to do and what not?

      Shall we take it as a Discussion here "How we are doing in this century"?

      Thanks and Regards
      Vineeth, Abraham
      4187
    • Cecil. K. Varghese
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 12, 2010
        Dear Vineeth,
        Your suggestion is very good. Now a days we don't have that breed of people or they are less in number (other people in Altar used to educate them on what to do and what not?.I also request some simple steps to follow before entering "Madbaha" and how to behave inside the Holy place.
        Thank You
        Cecil. K. Varghese
        ID#890

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Vineeth John Abraham wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > We keep on discussing so many things about our celebrations/ our tradition/ our faults in church etc etc!
        >
        > I believe some of them will be serving as Altar Boys in different churches! But does anyone enter the Holy Altar with all the Pre-req's which he should follow?
      • Abraham Eapen
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 15, 2010
          Dear Cecil,

          The book by V.Rev.Dr.Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil, (published by Mor Adai Study Center 2005) - "A Guide to the Altar Assistants" is a very good resource for the new and experienced altar assistants. This book provides the interpretations of the signs and symbols as well as the discipline to be followed in the altar.
          I am sure there are other good books in Malayalam and English on this subject.

          I agree with Vineeth that we should focus and discuss more on the divine mysteries of our true faith.

          Abraham Eapen
        • Vineeth John Abraham
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 16, 2010
            Hi Abraham / Cecil

            You are correct! Moolelachan English version of the book is really a guide to the topic!

            I have St. Paulose Mor Athanasius's book (Malayalam Version) for the same! I think Mooleachan covers almost everything in the Malayalam Version!

            Those who serve in Holy Altar should read it once! And try to follow the same !!

            Thanks and Regards
            Vineeth, Abraham