FUTURE OF JACOBITE SYRIAN CHURCH IS BRIGHT IN NORTH AMERICA

  • Saju Skaria
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2010
      The overwhelming participation of Jacobite Syrian Christian faithful for the Silver Jubilee convention reconfirmed one thing; our church is in safe hands in North America and the future is bright. The convention could rekindle the imagination of all; the young and old, men and women, the ordained and laity. The highest point in this convention was the maximum participation of youth, who are the future of our Church. It was a rare sight to see the young and bright deacons leading the youth and their lively discussions on how to build the new generation in our Jacobite traditions. H.E. Theethose Thirumeni`s focus for the youth was evident in all these activities.

      The humility and discipline shown by the organizing committee were transformational and it was quickly adapted by the entire participants. It may be a very rare sight to see such a large gathering perform every act with such discipline and courtesy for each other. The organizing committee and their leaders deserve special kudos for such a fine job. Congratulations!

      Finally, the most important consideration was the launch of the "Golden Project" of the Archdiocese, the "Patriarchal Center" comprising of administrative office, Chapel, Bishop's house, Guest House, Convention Center, Business Center, and an affiliated Theological Seminary and University. This can be a center for higher learning and a rallying point for Syrian Christian theological students and faithful from India and rest of world. The entire Church globally should support H.E. Theethose Thirumeni and the team who are working hard to make it a reality.

      Saju Skaria
      (623) 266 7800
      SajuSkaria@...
      Member ID: 2373
      Phoenix, Arizona, USA
    • Saju Skaria
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2010
        Dear All in Christ:

        Attached please find a YouTube video link on the procession during the Jubilee convention.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a6XmSj5hHc&feature=player_embedded

        Saju Skaria
        St Peters Phoenix
        Members ID: 2373