Another Golden Feather on Theethose Thirumeni's Hat

  • Saju K. Paulose
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2010
      Grand Success of Jubilee Convention

      Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

      Our Archdiocesan Jubilee Convention was a Mega Success of the history of American Archdiocese. The 101committee worked very hard, day and night, to achieve the unforgettable days of July 22-25, 2010, an everlasting memories of Jacobite Syrian Christians inNorth America. Over 2000 members of the Archdiocese, participated the JubileeConvention with full discipline and in an organized manner. The procession wasa great success. Even in the 100ºF heat people walking in the procession in two lines, chanting the slogan "Ammaye Njangal Marannalum, AnthyokkyayeMarakkoolla". Also, another grand success was the 25-nmel Qurbana. In the history of American diocese, this is the first time we have the opportunity toobserve or participate in 25-nmel Qurbana. Finally, the launching of the Golden Project of our Archdiocese, The Patriarchal Center, Seminary and University, was the mile stone of the American Diocese and it shows how Theethose Thirumeni care for the next generation. It is the beginning of a new era in our diocese, and this project will bring the youngsters of our Church under one roof with unity and prosperity. I salute Theethose Thirumeni and His Eminence's tireless leadership for the prosperity of American Archdiocese and H.E's far sight for our younger generation. Congratulations to all leaders,council members, clergies, H.E. Theethose Thirumeni.

      Saju K. Paulose
      St. James Syrian Orthodox Church
      Livingston, NJ
    • Paul Reji
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2010
        Saju

        I totally agree. This is the first time I attended. I was amazed,
        how it was all organized. There was no confusion. Not at all in
        anyway. We were all picked at airport ( on time) and rooms were all
        pre-allocated and badges were prepared and kept. Food was on time
        and enough and really high quality. This is unusual in USA. At
        least I have not seen. Time management was enforced for anything and everything.

        Even guest speakers were given a stop watch to stop in time. Dr. Babu Paul was fantastic. I don't have to say that. But if I don't mention it, I wont be fair. There was one Bobby achan who spoke who was really nice. When everything went like a machine, there was hardly any panic or shouting or shoving from organizers. They were everywhere but not running around or panicking.

        25-Qurbana was also a great experience. Even that was planned to immaculate details. Only a true leader can go to that detail.

        I went there with half-hearted, only because Thirumeni requested. But I was so overjoyed this conference that I might go more often.

        The 25-nmel Qurbana was grant in the sense, it too was organized with immaculate details and completed on time.

        A military like planning. All this points to the efforts by a great
        committee.

        I have great appreciation for all of you who worked hard. But again all credit should go to the Thirumeni, for the way he lead and organized this. I would say that apart for the visible part, there is a great intangible that we all carried home.

        It is community feeling of great, bigger church. Most of church has only 25 church members. And children only see a small community.
        But here they all felt a greater community to which they all belong to and was so proud in it.

        My congratulations again to all who worked for it. I returned with great satisfaction.

        Paul Reji