Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1440 , Jul 26, 2010
      "The truth and saving properties of our holy faith are clearly revealed by the fact that not a single Sacrament, not a single faithful prayer are left fruitless in us, but they bring and manifest their power from heaven upon our souls and bodies, cleansing our sins, and giving peace to our souls in accordance with the words of our Saviour: 'Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest' (Mt. 11:28); and delivering us from spiritual afflictions and bodily sicknesses! No, we never pray in vain to the Lord, or to the most holy Virgin, or to the angels and saints, but we receive all that we ask them for, and that tends to our salvation."

      St. John of Kronstadt.

      "You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot." Psalms 91:13
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1440 of 1440 , Jul 29

        "The Word of God then itself endured all in the flesh, while His divine nature which alone was passionless remained void of passion. For since the one Christ, Who is a compound of divinity and humanity, and exists in divinity and humanity, truly suffered, that part which is capable of passion suffered as it was natural it should, but that part which was void of passion did not share in the suffering. For the soul, indeed, since it is capable of passion shares in the pain and suffering of a bodily cut, though it is not cut itself but only the body: but the divine part which is void of passion does not share in the suffering of the body."

           St. John of Damascus.

        "For I know that the Lord is great, And our Lord is above all god."  Psalm 135:5

        Prayer Requests:

        AA and her kids
        MB - 7/28-30
        Emad