Dust and Ashes Saints May Intercede for Others

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2010
      Dust and Ashes - Saints May Intercede for Others, Gen. 18:27-28

      Gen. 18:27-28: Then Abraham answered and said, Indeed now, I who am but dust and ashes have taken it upon myself to speak to the Lord: Suppose there were five less than the fifty righteous; would You destroy all of the city for lack of five? So He said, If I find there forty-five, I will not destroy it.

      While interceding repeatedly for Sodom and Gomorrah, Abraham speaks of himself as dust and ashes, Genesis 18:27.

      We have the example of Job also. When Job saw God, he said: I abhor myself, And repent in dust and ashes. Job 42:6.

      Both Abraham and Job humbled themselves in prayer. Both of them interceded for others.

      Open my eyes to see my pride, O Father. Let me find grace to see myself as dust and ashes, a sinner needing your mercy. May my prayers be heard when I intercede, Lord.

      Please see and share the attached Learning to Live a Life of Prayer from which the above is excerpt is taken.

      Thankful for your prayers,
      Shibu Podiyan
      Washington DC