American Archdiocese Silver Jubilee Convention 2010...What a Great Success!

  • Saju Paulose
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2010
      Congratulations to Archbishop H.E. Eldho Mor Theethose thirumeni, Managing Committee , Jubilee Committee and the 2000 plus Jacobites who made the Silver Jubilee convention a great historical event.

      Thanks to H.H. Moran Mor Ignatius Zakha bava, our beloved patriarch,and H.B. Baselios Thomas bava, our beloved catholicos, for the continued support and prayers for the success of this convention.

      Thanks to Archbishop H.E. Aprem Kurilos thirumeni for His Eminence's presence and the love and affection towards the Malankara Archdiocese. Thanks to the thirumeni of Marthoma Sabha, and the bishops of Armenien Sabha for their presence and kind words. Thanks to Dr. D. Babu Paul and all other eminent speakers for their wonderful speeches.

      Thanks to Mr. Babu Jacob Nadayil, Chief Editor of Malankara Deepam magazine, for his hardwork in making the Jubilee Edition a beautiful piece.

      Let Malankara Archdiocese of North America flurish and progress under the leadership of Theethose thirumeni.

      Regards,

      Saju Paulose
      New York
    • Rev. Fr. Jose Daniel
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 29, 2010
        Jubilee Convention First of its kind in the history of North American Arch
        Diocese of Syrian orthodox church.

        2010 July 22, 23, 24, 25.
        Those days were ever remembered in the Golden annals of North American Arch
        Diocese of the Syrian Orthodox Church.. More than 2000 members of our Holy
        Church all over America and Canada, were gathered under one roof of
        Garden State Exhibition center at Somerset New Jersey.The convention center
        was blessed by the blessed memory of LL Mor Athansius Yeshu
        Samuel.Metropolitan our former Arch Bishop.Jubilee general committee under
        the leadership of Mr. Joby George & Mr. George Koruth, with other sub
        committees under different Coordinators,were worked hard for the success of
        this Golden venture.After the inauguration of Registration Kick-off at St.
        Peters Church Philadelphia, on Oct.10 2009. the committee was put forward a
        tremendous work. The efficient leadership of Mor Theethose thirumeni, joined
        hand in hand with the academic skills, dedication, and loyalty of our
        faithful. A talented team of not less than #130 members, including,
        Doctors, Business Executives, computer professionals, Chartered accountants,
        Business magnets, altogether spend at least 150,000 man power hours and
        personal money not less than $1000 each from their own pockets, for this
        noble cause. Cost of the convention including Hotel Accommodation, food etc.
        itself is $ 400,000. Including the money we spend for Cultural Program
        competition, choir competition, and other sports activities were in total,
        let us proud to say is at least one million dollars. This might be the
        amount equivalent we collected for our mother church in India for the last
        five or six years.
        The colorful Con celebration of Twenty five Priests including two bishops
        was a unique experience. Presence of Key note speaker Bar Eedtho breero Dr.
        D Babu Paul was an added advantage of this year's convention.It was like a
        long cherished demand of our community. Scholarly Expositions of the
        Subject was simple but marvelous. Very Rev. Baby Ichiravelil Cor Episcopose
        the First spiritual Son of late Lamented Mor Greegoriose Gheevarghese
        Perumpilly, who castled out into the fiery furnace of Holy Church in 1974,
        the most turbulent days of our church was decorated the keynote subject
        with his eloquence and teaching experience. Participation of our Sunday
        School kids and youth members was remarkable. nearly 500 of them were
        actively participated with timely canonical prayers, study classes,
        sports and other cultural activities.

        The outcome of this majestic venture is H.E. Arch Bishop was able to collect
        the skill, enthusiasm,and tireless hard work of a dedicated team of
        volunteers for the future up building of the church. Their innocent hard
        work was never been used for the church. Their motivation, insight-for the
        future of the Church, resources are will be channelized for the future.
        There was an exciting ending the for jubilee convention. Before the
        closing session Arch Diocesan Patriarchal center project was inaugurated.
        That will be the Golden project of this dioceses The huge complex
        including residential complex for the Arch Bishop and other bishops,
        priests, and monks, office complex, Theological Seminary, Convention Center
        etc.If the Arch Diocese is fortunate enough to get the determination and
        continuous leadership of the Arch bishop Mor Theethose Yeldho metropolitan,
        we are confident enough to win every thing by the blessings of God
        Almighty.
        Thank You
        Rev. Fr. Jose Daniel Paitel
        SOCM ID # 4630